It has been so long since my last post that it is ridiculous! I guess my only excuse is that I am a lazy bum, and I know that if I post something, I want it to be worth your time. I have had a crazy past two weeks. On Tuesday, Craig and I met up with a fellow PBU student, Doug, who is actually teaching in a school here. We hung out with him in the Old City, on the Eastern Hill, known as the City of David. When we about to part ways he offered to bring us to dinner at his friends' apartment. I was somewhat hesitant to oblige because of the test I was going to take the next morning in Physical Settings. But hey, an I going to live like this is the last time I'll ever be in Israel, or what? So we went and had a kosher meal in a Jewish home. It was absolutely delicious. I also met a man named Duncan, a believer who happened to be living with Doug just below the Jewish family. He later told us that he lived in Galilee and offered for us to come over sometime. Talk about a sweet connection. He seemed like a cool guy regardless of where he lives. After dinner, against my better judgment, we watched Amazing Grace, an absolutely incredible movie! This was Duncan's idea, and he proved himself to be quite knowledgeable on the surrounding political context of the movie.
I ended up doing rather poorly on my exam. I might not have a thorough knowledge on the land of Samaria, but at least I do know how the abolishment of the slave trade came about. I am not worried about the grade anyway; I will pass, that is what counts when my transfer credits will not carry their GPA into my home school haha. Rock and Roll!
The weather has been absurdly beautiful in Jerusalem. As a result, I have been spending a lot of my time outside, walking through the Old City and making friends with the people there. I have also become deeply acquainted with white chocolate. Oh my goodness it is delicious. They have ice cream bars here with a solid bar of white chocolate in the center of a layer of milk chocolate ice cream and another thin layer of white chocolate. It is by far the best ice cream bar known to man. I have been trying to embrace the culture here as much as I can, but mostly with my appetite. I thoroughly embrace the great food here.
I have to confess my addiction to music. Alright, its not that bad, I could live without it if I wanted to. Isn't that the typical excuse of an addict? That's okay, I love good music in beautiful weather. There is something about the smell in the air, mixed with the comfort of the warmth of the sun, and topped with a well-written song that I just cannot get enough of. It is like a rush of endorphins into my inner-most being. I sound like a hippy, minus the drugs. Which reminds me, I had some white wine while I was eating with the Jewish family. It was still unappealing to me, but it was better than the stuff I drank on the plane over here.
Well, I love and miss you all. I hope you are all doing well and that you are constantly seeing God's grace being poured out into your lives!
Grace and Peace!
About Me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment