This week has been pretty frantic. I started class on Monday - I'm taking Physical Settings of the Bible, History of Israel in the 2nd Temple Period, History of the Church in the East, Cultural Background of the Bible, and an independent study on 2nd semester Greek. Fortunately, class is only 4 days a week, and one class is a night class. My field studies will be on the weekends, for which I am very excited.
Anyway, I don't want to bore you with my school work. I haven't done anything really exciting except for a Wednesday morning journey into the Old City and a Wednesday night snowball fight. I woke up
Wednesday to find a whole lot of snow pouring down in the garden of JUC. Craig said that the cook didn't come in for breakfast, so we went to the city to get some grub and take some pictures at 7:00 a.m. I got a fresh bagel from a place in the Jewish Quarter: AMAZING. I got back just in time for class and then spent the day in the books... until Craig decided to provoke me to anger when he threw a snowball at me in our room. I proceeded to get dressed and tackle him, which amounted to me and him having a snowball fight. We were kind of on the same team until he leaped off of (what I call) the alter and tackled me from behind. Good times.
Anyway, Hell froze over today. And me, being the idiot that I am, completely forgot to take a picture of it directly. This shot is overlooking it, but not giving you the full scale of it.. Jesus likened the Hinnom Valley to Hell because it was like the dump of Jerusalem. So, Mom and Dad, good news.. the Phillies are going to win the World Series.
ohhh I said it.
3 comments:
:) it sounds like you're having a great time!
Hey Kyle, your cousin Jason here. Great blog! I can't wait to see more pictures and to find out if you take the plunge and eat a Moses Sandwich. Shalom!
Kyle-It's Valarie, Joey's mom. WOW This is the first I've seen of your blog site. Real nice! have you ever considered going into journalism? You have an awesome way of writing!
Joey want you to write him at his Air Force e-mail...write me & I'll give it to you! valfrombushkill@yahoo.com
Post a Comment