About Me

My photo
We should scream, "Thank you!" at every waking breath.

Friday, January 25, 2008

JUC - Day 1

I woke up this morning to a thick mist splashing
my face at 4:00 a.m. My friend, J.E., and I decided it might be best to head inside in case of a storm potentially pouring on us.

I arrived at Tel Aviv airport in Israel at 3:30 p.m. My first flight was a great experience; British Airways had great food and service. I took a Sherut (shuttle) with 8 fellow students to Jerusalem University College in Old City Jerusalem, traveling through the winding, hilly terrain of Israel. After becoming acquainted with the campus and meeting a few new people, I decided it might be fun to camp out on my first night. Now, it is only 30 degrees at night here, but hey.. I only have one first night here (get used to phrases like that). My roommates Andrew, Joel, and Craig, on the other hand, wanted to sleep off of the jetlag, and none of them have sleeping bags (yet), but a new friend of mine, J.E., gladly joined me for the camp out. I hope to do something absurd every day!

This picture to the left was taken in the plane over the area east of Greece. I'm not sure what mountain range it is, but it was absolutely beautiful. I hope to upload a photo album within the next few days - I already have over 100 pictures for you to see!

No comments: