About Me

My photo
We should scream, "Thank you!" at every waking breath.

Saturday, January 26, 2008

JUC Day 2 - Intro to Old City Jerusalem





My first night under the stars was ended by a bit of bad weather that continued on throughout the second day. The city is still amazing, regardless of how gloomy it is.




We walked around the Old City of Jerusalem on a photo-scavenger hunt. A number of times, I found myself standing in awe of the scenery, too distracted to pay attention to how I arrived at any point or how I was to get back. Learning roads is not important to me at this point; I have to get through this surreal feeling of ecstacy. I am in a land that is as old as civilization, a land of biblical heros, a land where my Lord came, lived, and died! To the right is inside the Church of the Holy Sepulchre that supposedly contains the rock behind which Jesus was buried.


Probably the most ridiculous thing I've seen so far has been a sandwich shop that offered probably the most holy sandwich known to man. I know it is hard to believe, but apparently they found the remains of Moses, ground them down, and delectably seasoned a sandwich with them. Talk about ridiculous tourist attractions... Though, I'm not going to lie, by the end of this trip, I may have myself a Moses sandwich!

No comments: